[Coco] Error in Sourceforge NitrOS-9/level2/coco3_6309/scripts/mb.dw

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 17:03:52 EDT 2015

Tormod, since we're on the subject of the boot modules, I've noticed that once a Dragon disk is created with the repo, the modules in the resulting disk contain descriptors with no drivers. These are the modules in "nitros9/6809L2/modules/scf" folder on the disks.
The descriptors are all of the "xx_sc6551.dt" descriptors as there are no "xx_sc6551.dr" drivers to suport them, so therefore no boots could be made with these descriptors.
I have no idea is a 6551 (acia) driver is built for Dragon, but if it is, it needs to be added to the scf list to be copied to the disk to support the descriptors.

You, being a Dragon user, would know more of this than I do.
I am currently working on a "boot creation system" that will create boot disks for "ANY" nitros9 system, but the utility will only run on a Coco 3 512k Level 2 system. It was in laying out the module database for the boot modules that I noticed that these descriptors have no drivers on the disks.
Also, there is an 80 col term descriptor that has no driver as well. I assume it's for a hardware 80 col card of sorts.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com