[Coco] 256K SuperROMPak (32 Banks)

S Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 07:00:39 EDT 2015

Jim, I welcome any usage of the spare copper on your MPI design, even if
not immediately populated - for potentially new onboard functionality, at
no/little cost(?) to the board itself.

While I can not answer your specific questions, I'd ask that SND be brought
to the CPLD space.  Perhaps pads/holes for DB9 (etc?).  This could
potentially allow the enduser to choose from your writable cart idea or
something else.

Can a CPLD be reprogrammed , in-circuit?

Shain

On Mar 22, 2015 2:08 AM, "RETRO Innovations" <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:

> Sorry to bring up an older subject, but I seem to have some spare copper
on the MPI, and I thought I'd at least drop a CPLD and FLASH footprint on
the board for later efforts to create a writeable flash cart

> Reading the above forum posts, I gather that I need to:
>
>  * grab address lines 0-15 and q and e and r/w to decode the CTS line
>    by myself.
>  * Create a register that turns off "write to cart space" functionality
>    unless the user specifically asks for it.
>
> Thus, i think I need to bring the following into the CPLD:
>
>  * a0-a15 (16)
>  * d0-a7 (8)
>  * r/w (1)
>  * e (1)
>  * q (1)
>  * reset (1)
>  * flash_ce (1)
>  * flash_oe (1)
>  * flash_we (1)
>  * scs (1) (not sure I need it, as it looks like I can just figure it
>    out from the other lines...)
>
> Any others?
>
> I know it's feature creep, but adding the footprints takes no time, and I
wanted to get it in before I send the PCB off for proto etching (5
boards).  Any help would be appreciated.  I sent a note to Mark about it,
but have not yet received a response.