[Coco] Fwd: [midatlanticretro] Tandy Color Computer Drive Wire

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Mar 18 15:48:57 EDT 2015

The problem there is that there is no free space in ECB for such
extensions, compared with 2K of free space in the Disk Basic chip.  You'd
have to sacrifice some Extended Basic commands, creating
substantial incompatibility with Basic programs.

On the CoCo 3, you might be able to put extensions into the internal ROM
chip that would be patched in above Super Extended Basic.  But the
problem in that case is that the chip is soldered in, requiring delicate
removal to avoid damaging the motherboard.  (Modifying ECB on the CoCo 3
would also involve removal of the same chip.)

Art