[Coco] 1mb and 2mb memory upgrades

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 14 00:06:13 EDT 2015

Hi Mathieu,
An 8MB Memory Upgrade could be made with more circuitry on my DAT Board and 8 - 1MB memory upgrades with the additional circuitry to activate the full 1MB of Ram.  That would require 16 - 512KB Static RAM chips on the 8 Memory Upgrade PCBs so a bigger capacity memory chip would be needed but at a more decent price then I have seen to make the PCB a manageable size for the Coco 3 and affordable.
I have already laid out Tony Distefano's DAT PCB which is capable of running 2MB of Ram in the Coco 3.  With the current activity on the Coco List about 2MB Upgrades, it looks like it is time to resurrect my DAT PCB project, update it to use Static Ram chips and add the additional circuitry onto the 512KB Memory Upgrade to bring it to a full 1MB capacity.  :)  I've been wondering when this was going to happen.  :)
I would like someone with a 2MB Memory Upgrade to take photos of all the PCBs for me please.  It would help me considerably in completing my 2MB design.  At this point I'm thinking 2 - 1MB Memory Upgrade PCBs and 1 DAT PCB would provide 2MB of Ram quite nicely.  8MB upgrades will have to come later.  Since my 512KB Static Ram Memory Upgrade PCB runs cool, I'm wondering if I can make the full 2MB design run as cool and run on the stock Coco 3 power supply.  Stay Tuned!

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com