[Coco] 5.25 Inch Floppy-to-USB

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 07:37:02 EDT 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Melanie and John Mark Mobley wrote:

> I am working on an article for the newsletter.  I want to know if anyone has
> tried the 5 1/4 Floppy-to-USB.  I want to know what floppy formats it works
> with.

> http://www.deviceside.com/fc5025.html

I have one of these.  It's read-only.  Does a very painless job of reading
35-track, single-sided Tandy Coco diskettes.  With a very small amount of
hacking (software is open source) it should be extendable to 40-track,
double-sided, etc.

That said, my favorite disk-interchange environment is still ImageDisk on
an ISA-buss 486 PC.  I have 3.5, 5.25 and 8" drives all tied in to a
Central Compaticard IV.  Can read and write just about any FM or MFM
format on earth.