[Coco] Announcing 512KB Static Ram Memory PCBs Using Through Hole Chips

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 02:19:52 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,
This 512KB Static Ram Memory Upgrade uses all static ram chips instead of dynamic ram so no refresh is needed and it runs much cooler.  I designed it with all through hole parts.  I ran it all night the other night and the next day when I checked the Coco 3's top vents, I barely felt the slightest heat at all.  I had about 20 shells running (accidently) and two shells disassembling BASIC09 over and over with a self-calling command file.  If I might say so myself, this 512KB Static ram memory upgrade board in my opinion is very stable and rock solid in its performance.
The dynamic Ram 512KB 30-SIMM memory board always gave me some type trouble with one of my customers who I was using as a test bed.  Therefore I decided to make a Static ram version instead plus I need some for my Coco 3s that is very stable and very cool to run.  I have some old 512KB memory upgrades running in 2 of my Coco 3s and they run way too hot.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com