[Coco] Another MPI on fleabay

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 20:15:19 EDT 2015

Gene, the 1-megger was about two years before the 2-meg so the technology was better with the 2 meg, and chips needed less power (probably less chips as well). All 1megs I've seen (4-5) had external PS's. I remember the ads even stating an external PS was included.
My 1-meg has a 2nd 512k board almost identical to the 1st 512k (same amount of memory chips) mounted directly into the 512k expansion, then the original 512k plugs into that.
Only one wire connects the memory boards to the dat board on the CPU.. a power wire.
I just checked my 1-meg PS and it's a 9v supply. The docs I found state the same.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com