[Coco] New circuit video coco2

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:12:10 EDT 2015

Hi Luis,

Though there are some simple transistor driver circuits out there,
they seem to only drive some composite inputs.

Implementation of the MC6847/MC1372 pairing varies by CoCo model.

Those with the 1372 in the RF box have an oscillator frequency tuning circuit
connected to the RF tank inputs, where a DC offset voltage is needed to generate
baseband composite.  This would be all CoCo2’s.

CoCo1’s do generate baseband composite from the 1372 before it is sent to
the RF box, but there is a transistor amp circuit in-between.  The signal could be
tapped here and levels adjusted with a simple driver circuit.

The boards I put together connect directly to the MC6847 and generate proper baseband
composite, along with handling sound, and put it into one convenient output jack.
They are based on Tandy’s own composite output solution, found on educational model
CoCo2’s.

Like anything with electronics, there are several ways to a similar destination, this is one way.  :)

- Ed