[Coco] Kipper SBC v1.1

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 09:17:25 EDT 2015

One of the urls got boogered.

Hi Guys,

I have added the Video Display Terminal and PS/2 Keyboard to the MC68B50
ACIA chip and removed the MAX-232 Voltage Translator chip and the RS-232
connector since the Terminal/Keyboard use the MC68B50 chip to communicate
serially with the host.

I added the mod for the !RTS line, but with the connector gone, I'm not sure
if it is needed any more.  Perhaps someone less tired than I can verify if
it's still needed.

I divided the $A000-BFFF into eight separate sections, so now what was the
RS-232 port that is now the Terminal/Keyboard is addressed at $A000-$A1FF.
This leaves partially decoded address space for 7 other devices.

Here are the links to the pdfs.

Schematic Sheet 1 - Main

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/dur3q5896vgml4o/Kipper%20SBC%20v1.1%20sch%201.pdf
?dl=0>

Schematic Sheet 2 - Power

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yfbko0a5le691y/Kipper%20SBC%20v1.1%20sch%202.pdf
?dl=0>

Schematic Sheet 3 - Kipper Bus

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bq6rt0wxx93hyu/Kipper%20SBC%20v1.1%20sch%203.pdf
?dl=0>

Schematic Sheet 4 - Terminal/Keyboard

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qn66jt8yqshkmd/Kipper%20SBC%20v1.1%20sch%204.pdf
?dl=0>

PCB Layout

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/faj0ijqcr4uq7xx/Kipper%20SBC%20v1.1%20brd.pdf?dl=
0>

I'm very tired since I've worked all night so I hope I didn't make any
mistakes.  I would not mind at all if someone wanted to check my work.  :)
As always suggestions, corrections, ideas as always welcome.  Now it's time
for me to go to . zzzzz.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

computerdoc at sc.rr.com