[Coco] 6 Chip 6809 Computer PCB Price

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 00:12:34 EDT 2015

Hi Salvador,
I can see how having the Terminal/Keyboard circuit on board would be handy.  If we keep the Ram at 32KB or even fill in the address space from $8000-9FFF with another 8KB for a maximum of 40KB of Ram, the MC68B50 chip can be decoded further to open up some address space in the $A000-$BFFF region for the terminal and keyboard and even other devices.  It is doable on this PCB, but it would no longer be 6 chips. I could add a 74ls138 and split the $A000-BFFF address space up into 8 sections so 8 devices could be addressed.  I'll need to mull things around in my mind and in Eagle for a bit.  Any more ram then that and a total redesign is necessary.  Then we may want to go with one of my other versions mentioned on my wiki page.  I've got some development to do.  I'll get back to you.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com