[Coco] My new text editor for DECB

Mon Mar 9 21:08:48 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hermanek" <rhermanek at centurytel.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] My new text editor for DECB

> Constructive criticism for CCEDIT, and it won't hurt my feelings at all
> if you ignore me completely:
>
> After using the editor, I find myself wishing for the following:
>
> 1)  It is difficult to know when you are reaching 80 col max... possible
> solutions could be a) using a border color other than black so it would
> be obvious as you get close, or b) possibly a beep when you type past
> col 70, something like that.... (think back to the old mechanical
> typewriter days...)

While I consider it unpleasant as it is not seen on any other editor, it was suggested to me to use "<" in the rightmost column if the line contained a <CR> and if the line continued onto the next line a ">" with a different background color.

This can be seen in this screen shot:      http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=827#p827

In that sample Colorful Sled is using a two color graphics screen with 106 characters per line.

Normally with colored text the ">" is in yellow if I remember correctly.

As Colorful Sled uses the colors the window is set up for you can have up to four editing sessions on a single window.

That may require OS-9 as the Windows of NitrOS-9 are not set up properly.

SHF