[Coco] MCX-128 PCBs have arrived

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:00:53 EDT 2015

On Mon Mar 9 2015, Juan Castro wrote:

At least it was complete enough for that LUCKY BASTARD SOB Rogelio Perea to
> run the demo in the video. No, I'm not envious. What makes you think such a
> thing?

LOL, me and some French folk from an Alice group are the proud owners of
this awesome work by Darren.

I really need to post the second part (promised) of the controller video,
the one on my YT channel was just the prototype, Darren updated the ROM to
a full blown MC-10 'DOS' (Disk MicroColor BASIC 2.4). The information for
this can be found at the Yahoo! MC-10 group in the files section under the
MCX32-FDJ folder, a manual of the the BASIC in in there.

It is indeed a very cool hardware addition to the MC-10, but I feel that it
takes second place to the MX128 <- this one with the ability to access a
file server and a much more powerful BASIC - the graphics modes support
found in MX128 are not found in the MCX32 option

The one addition to the MCX128 I'd like to see is the joystick support of
the MCX32 :-).

-- RP