[Coco] Minted buffer size

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 8 03:35:57 EDT 2015

On Sunday 08 March 2015 01:53:19 Cocodemus wrote:
> i'll check this out, there must be a bug then.
>
> A text editor is not a flat buffer but a double linked list of
> strings. So for each line we have several bytes overhead. If the text
> is made of many small lines you can have as much data as byte
> controls.

I have a mental image of about that sort of a setup.  One thing that may
save a few bytes is that I haven't found out how to use a tab from the
coco keyboard.  Some individual lines in assembly src can be as short as
24 bytes, 8 spaces for the tab to skip the label field, and often less
than an additional 16 chars for the assembly nemonic and action.  That
would eat up more memory than a single long line for the same char
count.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)