[Coco] Minted buffer size

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 8 01:21:41 EST 2015

On Sunday 08 March 2015 00:22:54 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> on minted when a memory allocation fails it tries first to delete your
> oldest undo item. When all undos are gone, then it will show the
> memory full message.

And hitting the break key clears it, for perhaps 500 milliseconds and its
instantly back, telling you to do it (hit the break key) again. ctl+s or
ctl+e does nothing because the OOM message cannot be cleared long enough
to regain control.

> The memory could be just fragmented.

That's my line of thought too, Luis.

> The thing to do when memory is
> full is to save the file. Reloading it again could give you some
> memory extra but it will report the error soon again.

Even when the file is only 27k?  I did not add 30k worth of comments.  5k
worth maybe.

The original file is still there, so all I am out is about an hours work.
I will try to split it up into smaller pieces tomorrow.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)