[Coco] Hi! I'm new here!

Marc Charbonneau timebandit001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:11:36 EST 2015

Le 2 mars 2015 21:45, "Hugo Dufort" <hugo at seshat.ca> a écrit :

> It's amazing to see how many Coco fans there are in Quebec!
>
> I only wish I could make it to the CocoFest in Chicago, but with the kids
and work and distance, it's not obvious for me.

> Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to program hi-res graphics
without using the Basic functions. In parallel I'm immerging myself in ASM
but it's been such a long time, I'll have to re-learn. Most notions are
fuzzy at best -- pushing registers on the stack before jumping, etc.

> I'm wondering if the Coco3 has always been so slow, or if it's the VCC
emulation slowing down my programs. Any thoughts?

> Hugo

Can't help you. Even if my daughter's name was inspired by ASM (Lea), I
only played a bit with it. Beside, I've not coded on a Coco since about
1985.

I'm sure someone on this list can help you, I am always amazed at the dept
of the knowledge in here.

Take care