[Coco] 6 Chip 6809 Computer

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:02:04 EST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 02 March 2015 16:01:52 Bill Nobel wrote:
>> Actually I had to go through a few sources I am going 6309 for my
>> build.  I found the CPU’s and the 68b50 on ebay, the Crystal, max232
>> and 74LS00 from Mouser and the Ram & eprom from Futurlec.com
>
> The last time I ordered anything from futurelec, I got burned on the
> exchange rate.  They advertise on the web page that the price is stated
> in USD, then they bill your COD at AUD, so I wound up paying almost $200
> for 3 interface cards that advertised for $28 USD each.  Advertised as
> drivers included, yeah, for win-3.1 in some dialect of what I think was
> C, but it wasn't translatable by any compiler I had.  Even the cd's
> seemed not to be 100% iso9660 format.
>
> Emails to them squawking about it were never answered. They had my money
> and thats all that counted.  I hope you don't get burned too Bill.

I have ordered from futurlec several times, paying with credit card,
without any payment trouble or surprises. The only problem is that
they can be really slow, and that parts are not in stock even if their
website says so. Once they sent me wrong parts, but as soon as I told
them they sent the right ones for free. I didn't know they offer COD,
anyway COD is always much more expensive, also since the courier
service will take its cut. I don't see how the exchange rate had
anything to do with it though, especially since 1 AUD is less than 1
USD.

Tormod