[Coco] 6 Chip 6809 Computer

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Mar 2 16:19:43 EST 2015

On Monday 02 March 2015 16:01:52 Bill Nobel wrote:
> Actually I had to go through a few sources I am going 6309 for my
> build.  I found the CPU’s and the 68b50 on ebay, the Crystal, max232
> and 74LS00 from Mouser and the Ram & eprom from Futurlec.com

The last time I ordered anything from futurelec, I got burned on the
exchange rate.  They advertise on the web page that the price is stated
in USD, then they bill your COD at AUD, so I wound up paying almost $200
for 3 interface cards that advertised for $28 USD each.  Advertised as
drivers included, yeah, for win-3.1 in some dialect of what I think was
C, but it wasn't translatable by any compiler I had.  Even the cd's
seemed not to be 100% iso9660 format.

Emails to them squawking about it were never answered. They had my money
and thats all that counted.  I hope you don't get burned too Bill.

> make sure you get HD63C09P as the CPU
>
> Bill Nobel
>
> > On Mar 2, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker
> > <ranaur at ranaur.net> wrote:
> >
> > Bill,
> >
> > Do you have the part lists you used? Is it on UTC Source?
> >
> > I awalys fear to buy the "wrong" ou false chip ...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Bill Nobel <b_nobel at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hey Kip, I just finished ordering all the components, and was
> >> wondering if you had a eprom burner I could send a rom to to get
> >> burned?  This is the only thing I am missing for completing this.
> >> I’ve come to a conclusion that you are quite the hardware guy.
> >>
> >> Bill Nobel
> >
> > --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)