[Coco] Hi! I'm new here!

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:15:33 EST 2015

Hi Hugo,

Your background sounds similar to mine. I'm 38 and got my first CoCo2 as a birthday present back in Dec 1984. I still have it and it works great--16K with ECB. The only non-original thing I've done to it is upgrade the memory to 64K. I intend to leave it alone otherwise, just for nostalgia sake. I have other CoCos that are/will get modded otherwise :)

This little computer taught me how to program in BASIC and assembly. I did all kinds of things with it, including (like you) writing a word processor that I actually used for school assignments and such.

Today I am a software developer and even teach a class a few nights a week, and owe it all to my humble CoCo beginnings.

Welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll love it here. I look forward to hearing about your projects!

-Joe