[Coco] Notice to bootlink users

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 1 18:32:51 EST 2015

Greets all;

I just noticed a bug in the report format it uses, its apparently showing
the first 2 bytes of the old bootfiles location where it should be
showing the old bootfiles size.  I have known about it for a week but
its not a showstopper and I've wasted a ream of paper now trying to get
a  good printout of the listing or the source file, finally backtracked
and found it just today, that 1, I wasn't booting from the default, I am
booting from $84/132 and 2, that the /p descriptor, probably used
straight from the repo when I made that boot had grown an xmode alf=0A.

That of course turns its output into some sort of a winders compatible
format. Much as I hate winders, I feel suitable ashamed.

Since in my setup, where I use dw>cups to do the chores, I do a CR>LF
translation before feeding it to cups to be printed, I was wasting 1/3rd
of a ream of paper because everything was double line spaced.
Embarrassing is what it is...  Dumb even.

So, I'll let you all know when a new one has been put together & posted
to my web page.

My apologies.

While I am at it, because I am having to do weight lifting acrobatics
with a hex calculator to see which vdisk I am currently booting if I
don't paint it on the wall, I am going to try to add a new subroutine so
that when you do a "bootlink ?" it will tell you, in hex, and decimal,
which of the hdbdos vdisk bootfiles it is currently using, and do
nothing else but that.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)