[Coco] Off-topic question for electronics wizards

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 1 16:29:31 EST 2015

On Sunday 01 March 2015 15:36:12 Christopher Barnett Fox wrote:
> Thanks, Gene! This SLA gel battery shows a "top charge" date of 2009,
> so it's lived a long, full life. Instead of pursuing my "work around"
> to avoid buying a new battery, I managed to find a compatible
> replacement on Amazon for $16 shipped.

As I did too, finding a pair of 9AH 12 volters on the ATBAT site, for $42
shipped.  Put them in, needed to invent a shoehorn, and I believe them
to be working.  Now I am conversing with the "NUT" (Network Ups Tools)
folks to see which of the 100 or so drivers included in that package
that I am supposed to be using with this ups.  The obvious ones aren't
working.

> I appreciate the advice from folks on the list who responded.

Thanks for the flowers. :)

> Christopher

Cheers Christopher, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)