[Coco] SDC and T2 conflict? RESOLVED

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jun 29 19:19:47 EDT 2015

On Monday 29 June 2015 19:02:36 K. Pruitt wrote:
> Conflict resolved.
>
> If /T2 is being used, the SDC appears to be required to be in slot 4.
> No other slot worked for me. With the SDC in slot 4 and my disto
> controller in slot 3 I can access /T2 without issue.
>
> In any other slot, any command sent to /SD0 or /SD1 will generate
> nothing but an error 244 if I've sent anything to /T2.

Humm, looks like the sc6551 driver needs to clean up after itself.  Or
every driver that expects their card to be in an MPI, be trained to at
least restore its own default slot by calling the slot init routine
before it does anything else when arriving at itself due to an IRQ,
preferably obtained from the descriptor.

This housekeeping has always been an afterthought, some drivers do, but
more don't.  Maybe its time we fixed that?  But it would be less code
growth if a new call was defined, and incorporated into krn2, maybe even
krn is room could be found.  The driver loads A with the slot, calls the
new call, which then writes it to $FF7F.  Call it F$SSWrtSlt.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)