[Coco] Loading via cassette interface

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Fri Jun 26 12:34:14 EDT 2015

On Jun 26, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Bill Loguidice <bill at armchairarcade.com> wrote:

> It's really quite brilliant, though unfortunate this technique is thus far
> only possible on a handful of computer platforms.

It would be possible to load programs from the web on the TRS-80 line too, except for the need for a special cable. There’s also some special apps for doing similar things on the ZX Spectrum.

I find it really interesting trying to bootstrap computers from bare metal and format a blank floppy and make it bootable. I keep thinking I should do a challenge to see if people can document a procedure for doing it on other platforms.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com