[Coco] CoCo-SDC card on a Dragon64

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:53:14 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Pere wrote:

> Reading the card's manual, I see there are quite a lot of commands that
> could be
> sent and will be processed by the firmware.
> For instance I need to be able to send this command:
> DRIVE n, OFF to gain access to my floppies, but right now I cannot do that,
> well I mean I don't know how to do that.

Allowing access to real floppy drives does not involve sending any commands
to the SDC controller. That would require extensions to DragonDOS which
make it aware of the Multi Pak Interface. Entering DRIVE n,OFF would need
to store information somewhere which indicates that the MPI slot containing
a real floppy controller should be activated (SCS* only) whenever disk I/O
is directed to that drive number.

- Darren