[Coco] OT: Amiga controls heat and AC...

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Thu Jun 18 00:39:33 EDT 2015

  I've been thinking on this since the original post. That Commodor is
old. Very few programmers are familiar with it and placing a new
computer in it's place is not going to be easily accomplished.
  It would be simpler but more costly to replace the whole danged system
of using an existing radio system using "most likely" a packet radio
protocol on the old radio system with a totally new system that would
not interfere with the existing method of communicating with two-way
radios. Naturally, this will require all new equipment and software. It
won't be a five minute job!!
  There will be a lot of research required to learn the connections to
the existing or new heating/cooling controls, and how to get the data
that was sent to the old computer.
  This won't be cheap and you are correct. The majority of the allocated
money is for other things as well.
  I have done a "hats off" to the young fellow that originated that
system and I pity whoever has to replace it.
George R