[Coco] Backing up a HD to an SD

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jun 12 21:53:36 EDT 2015

On Friday 12 June 2015 21:07:48 Bob Devries wrote:
> George,
> provided that the descriptors for both the HD and the SD are identical
> as to size, then backup should do it. However, I find that I have less
> problems by using DSAVE.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

So do I, George & Bob.  I usually run it to generate the script, and then
execute the script.  But be aware that my new makdir might be needed
unless starting with an empty target medium.  The diff?  The new one
doesn't call making an existing directory an error that kills the
script, it just keep chugging along.

> On 13/06/2015 10:28 AM, George Ramsower wrote:
> >   Is it possible to backup a hard drive to a newer SD card?
> >   I'm thinking of converting my  main Coco to use an SD card instead
> > of an old SCSI drive and I think it would take a few days to do
> > this. Backup would make it simple by just walking away and let it do
> > it. (OS9 LII)
> > George R

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)