[Coco] 26-3022 disk interface question

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Jun 11 17:49:51 EDT 2015

Sure, you can't just load it in from cassette to the $8000 address it is
supposed to occupy.  But a cassette program could readily be written to
copy the Color Basic ROM to RAM, then copy the Extended Basic code to RAM
at $8000 (after loading a copy in from cassette to some lower address), and
then simulate a cold start into Extended Basic.  Probably not worth the
trouble to do so, though, since an adapter plus an EPROM, or an original
Extended Basic ROM, would do the job so much better.

I recall doing something similar with Disk Basic when I still had a
cassette system, just out of curiosity rather than for any practical
benefit of having Disk Basic commands available with no controller or disk
drive for them to act on.

Art