[Coco] RGB2VGA Adapter Progress? - Update Please

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:42:29 EDT 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Kip Koon wrote:

> The connectors for the two 40 pin GPIO ports are here so all I'm waiting
> on to arrive is the Vacuum Desoldering Gun.  I can then begin finalizing
> completion of all the PCBs.

Kip, you may find it simpler to pull (or break) off the plastic carrier on
the existing male headers and yank them one at a time by heating the
bottom of the board with the iron and grabbing them with long-nose pliers
on the top.  In this case, you might actually want to _add_ solder first
to help with heat conduction.  From my experience you are less likely to
damage traces using this approach.  Unless you are very lucky, you'll find
it's difficult to clear 34 pins completely and if one is hanging on
slightly, you'll rip a trace.

After the pins are gone, the desoldering tool can make quick work of
clearing the holes (with solderwick for stubborn holes).