[Coco] 26-3022 disk interface question

AQ Cerutti aqcerutti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 20:14:30 EDT 2015

Hi,
I recently purchased a color computer disk system with a 26-3022 disk
interface and a mini-disk. I purchased this not realizing that it would not
work with my Coco 2 without a multi-pak expansion which I do not have as it
needs 12v of external power.

Examining the package after I received it, I realized that the disk
interface had been opened. The screw under the label is exposed. Everything
inside the interface looks good but I don't have the means to test the
chips and when I plugged the interface into my Coco 2 and powered it on, I
did not see anything different on the screen.

My question is this:
Even if the 26-3022 needs 12v of power, with the interface in the computer
should I still be seeing the extended basic screen and licensed from
Microsoft information? I'm not which leads me to believe that there may be
something wrong with the interface.

Can anyone confirm what I should be seeing with a 26-3022 interface in a
Coco 2?

Thanks for your help!