[Coco] DE-0 Nano Successfully Programmed!

Sun Jun 7 13:59:06 EDT 2015

Hi,

It's perhaps no longer an option but way back in the dark ages of soldering (1970+) I got an de-soldering iron with a rubber bulb that sucked the solder out.

I also got a second soldering tool that had a small tip (For those dark ages) with adapters for dual in line, ¼ round, and a few more other shapes.

The iron second failed so the first one was pressed into service as it had the same heat element. That is still in use for soldering with a light dimmer for temperature control.

Then there is the spring loaded solder sucking tool that uses air to get the solder out while the iron is doing the heating. That worked quite well, a must!

And copper braid that never did the job I wanted.

Two spring loaded claw like devices to clip on ICs and pull them out when heated with the soldering tool.

The perhaps the best iron for the job back then, the one with adapters: Dual in line ~ 5/8" long, ¼ " Round, Single in line ~ 5/8" long, 1/2" Round.

All have had huge amounts of use as my huge supply of ICs shows.

I just gave away a core memory card and had hauled away several more with ICs on.

SHF