[Coco] A bit OT: (No pun intended) A quick note

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Fri Jul 31 20:33:49 EDT 2015

Yup, a quick note to say thanks!

Some time ago someone shared is story about a suspicious phone call from someone wanting to install some software on the computer of the called person. Many shared their own adventure regarding this. I finally got my phone cal about 2 weeks ago. From the instant that the caller mentioned about doing something with my computer I knew where this was going.I used my raspy voice and mentioned that I did not have a computer, that he probably should speak to my son. He then said "Sure! Put him on the phone!". I mentioned that he would have to call back because my son was not home.<click>

Since I was pressed for time I did not prolong his agony so I ended it quickly. Thanks to all who shared their stories. They came in very handy!

Second up. A while ago there was a discussion about EPROMs. I had the chance to program one some time ago that ran on the PC XT/AT, but never did quite understand how they worked. Given the discussion and the fact that some here are designing electronic boards I got motivated and decided to embark on a project from concept to board. here is the result of that:

http://www.element14.com/community/blogs/SalsCorner/2015/07/27/eprom-reader-project

Not exactly cutting edge, but it is my first project that encompasses all the steps from conceptualization to manufacture.

So to all who continue to innovate with the CoCo and the 68xx family of processors... Thanks!

Salvador