[Coco] 3.5" FD drives

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Jul 24 23:19:44 EDT 2015

You are only going to be able to use these on a Coco as a 720k drive with
DSDD 720k media. Unless you modify the Controller for HD operation, you
won't be able to use them as 1.44mg drives with HD media.

I would not recommend using HD media and taping over the HD sense hole to
reduce the writes to DSDD mode, you are asking for data loss over the medium
to long term. No matter what anyone tells you, DD and HD media *IS*
different, and is meant to take the data at different write densities.

As Mr. Scott was heard to say in one of the Star Trek movies, "Use the right
tool for the right job!"

-[ Al ]-