[Coco] 6309 port of NitrOS-9 Level 1

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:44:46 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Tormod,
> I updated rules.mak, reran coco2_6309 port build.  I'm still getting permission denied for 'execvp: echo:'.  I cp'd /bin/echo.exe echo to the current directory.  Still permission denied error.  I finally got wise and created a command file for building coco2_6309.  I apologize keeping on bugging you, but you really seem to have a handle on linux and cygwin.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Have any more?

I believe other people are building nitros9 on Cygwin without these
issues, and without resorting to custom command files, so I think the
wise thing would be to fix your Cygwin setup. My ECHO etc suggestions
above are likely just quick fixes to try work around what is a broken
setup. Other Cygwin users have to chime in here. I am not at all a
Cygwin expert and never use it. I'd suggest fine-reading the Cygwin
FAQ https://www.cygwin.com/faq.html especially section 4.5 about the
PATH and section 4.11 about symlinks. From the Cygwin instructions in
the nitros9 wiki I get the impression that a standard install of
Cygwin should work just fine.

Tormod