[Coco] 6309 port of NitrOS-9 Level 1

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:26:56 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Tormod,
> I 'hg updated lwtools-4.11' to my local lwtools repo.  I didn't even know I was using a development version all this time.  Up to this point I have always used hg pull, hg update.
> This time when I ran make PORTS=coco2_6309 dsk SOFTLINK=cp, all the lwasm commands looked like they executed correctly so all I included was the part that seemed to go wrong.  Here is what the output looks like.  The resulting dsk file was almost empty.  Some data at the beginning and some data at the very end of the file.

> make[2]: execvp: echo: Permission denied
> make[2]: *** [showobjs_dw] Error 127

I would guess this is because your Cygwin environment has the current
directory "." in the PATH, so when the makefile try to launch "echo"
the Cygwin shell will try to execute the nitros9 echo executable that
happen to be in the current directory at that time. Either try to
clean up your PATH to not include the current directory (I know this
is pretty much impossible in MSYS) or append this to your make
command:
 ECHO=/bin/echo
(assuming the echo executable is in /bin on your Cygwin setup!)
You can also set this in rules.mak.

Tormod