[Coco] Off topic, but has lists.sourceforge.net hung itself for good?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jul 19 19:30:01 EDT 2015

On Sunday 19 July 2015 19:01:25 chris wrote:
> ive noticed this happening on other sf sites too and i think its been
> down for atleast a few days
>
> http://perl.sf.net/
>
> anyone got any idea what is going on at sf? it just seems like a long
> time for such a high profile site to be inaccessible
>
> chris

I agree Chris.  Its not been 100% dependable for several months, but its
now a bit past 4 full days.  For such a high profile site to be down
this long doesn't bode well because folks who want a dependable service
WILL go someplace else.  I row the boat on those lists with a very small
oar, coulkd be mistaken for a toothpick, but I'll certainly recommend a
new server be found.

I wonder if some new bean counter MBA fired all the tech help because
they were an expense?  Back when I was working as a Chief Engineer/Chief
Operator, that happened to much of my operating staff once, until he got
to me.  The owner balked, and I hired my dept back.

That was the beginning of the end for that MBA.  He was exposed as
cooking the books when the annual audit was done.  The owner gave him 10
minutes to get his stuff in one sock & the local LE escorted  him from
the premises.  Every MBA ever graduated has to learn the hard way that
to get a steady supply of product from the cash cow, it takes a
maintenance line item in the budget.  Parts and salary's to feed that
cow.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)