[Coco] new release: RGB Monitor Test v1.0

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Sat Jul 18 14:14:54 EDT 2015

The crawling pixels on the left side of the screen are normal; this is caused
by the switching of the palette registers in the GIME while the screen is
being drawn.  Theoretically maybe I could add some more timing code to do the
palette register switch during the horizontal retrace; I'll put that on my
mental to-do list.

I could take pictures of this program being run on a CM-8 and post them for
you, but it would be dubious to try and match the colors with a hardware
solution against this as a 'reference'.  The camera with which I would take
the pictures would have its own nonlinear color transformation, plus the
monitor with which you displayed the pictures would also have its own
transformation.  If you want to match colors, the best way would be to use a
CM-8 on your own Coco 3.

Richard