[Coco] VCC Status …

Sat Jul 18 00:40:48 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Ross" <jrosslist at outlook.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 6:39 PM
Subject: [Coco] VCC Status …

>> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:53:54 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [Coco] Donkey Kong Remixed
>> CC: ooogalapasooo at aol.com (Bill Pierce)

> Because according to Stephen H. Fischer, in another thread recently on this list, the owner and author are not the same person. And according to him the owner is looking for somebody to work on it. (But apparently the owner does not want to open source it?). And the owner is actually contactable since Stephen says – “I have yet to even consider telling the "OWNER"” -- so apparently also the owner does not want to be known? Why the secrecy as to whom the owner is, if it’s not the person whose name is on the Copyright? That whole notion seems mysterious and strange.
>
> So is Stephen right, or wrong about this?

Take a look at the rest of the site the VCC program is hosted on. Very Interesting, yes.

Vcc, Color Computer 3 Emulator - CoCo 4
http://www.coco4.com/vcc/index.shtml

The Owner commented that "he" had canceled the project on this very list. VCC was just one part. He created lots of software for PROFIT to run on the CoCo and the CoCo4 project was canceled when it appeared it would not make money.

He has not posted in a long while but I got the strong impression that the author was PAID for his work on VCC.

The requirements needed to take it over were just posted, find someone who meets those requirements and we may be able to get the OWNER to allow more work to be done.
But, there may be other software involved that was used in other projects that may block him allowing VCC to be taken over. That has stopped other old projects that people wanted to update including one that is failing badly on Windows 10 that one other person and I are trying to get to run.