[Coco] Drivewire Server for Mac

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Jul 17 23:00:55 EDT 2015

Bill, that is the theory, BUT…

I has issues with these files on PPC:
native/Mac/i386/librxtxSerial.jnilib
native/Mac/x86_64/librxtxSerial.jnilib

Note the lack of anything like
native/Mac/ppc/librxtxSerial.jnilib

But I just found out something…

native/Mac/i386/librxtxSerial.jnilib: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
native/Mac/i386/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture i386):	Mach-O bundle i386
native/Mac/i386/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
native/Mac/i386/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture ppc7400):	Mach-O bundle ppc

and

native/Mac/x86_64/librxtxSerial.jnilib: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
native/Mac/x86_64/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
native/Mac/x86_64/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture i386):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
native/Mac/x86_64/librxtxSerial.jnilib (for architecture ppc7400):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc

So apparently both the i386 and x86_64 files actually contain code for ALL 3 architectures!

But…
When I tried to run DriveWire on a PPC Mac, it failed and said it could not load librxtxSerial, probably because it was looking for a native/Mac/ppc folder or some such, but now I wonder what it would do if I just copied the i386 folder to a ppc folder? Maybe it would load?

The other issue on PPC is Java. The newest Java I think that is there is 1.6, and while in theory, the latest DriveWire 4 (4.3.3) is SUPPOSED to run on Java 1.6, I have found that at least on my 32 bit Intel Mac, it does not. The newest version that I can get to run properly is 4.3.2 and that is on Intel 32 bit not PPC. So best of luck… DriveWire 4 is ALOT better than DriveWire 3, IF you can get it to run on your machine. Please let me know if you do get it working.

PS: The issue I had with DriveWire 4.3.3 and Java 1.6 was highly unstable disk I/O when reading or writing to DriveWire.