[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 152, Issue 55

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Jul 17 12:57:48 EDT 2015

Error #240 = Illegal unit (drive) number.

That is an odd error message to turn up all of a sudden. What device are you booting from? What is your system configuration? What is the output from the command:
ident -s /dd/os9boot
?

What is the output from the command:
dmode /d0
?

Do the drives work in Disk Extended BASIC?
What devices do you have plugged in to your CoCo? Do you have a multi-pak? What is in which slot? Is your CoCo a 1, 2, or 3? If you have a CoCo 3 and a multi-pak, has it been upgraded? What type of drive is /d0 and /d1? 5 1/4? 3 1/2? 35, 40 or 80 track? Single or double sided?