[Coco] Another problem

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 16 23:35:06 EDT 2015

Could be head alignment, or drive speeds are off. Does it sporadically read, or always fail? If you have the original OS9 boot disks (in Level 2’s case, I think the BASIC09 disk), there is a disk speed test program on it that you can try. You may have to “hybrid” a drive from each set onto the same controller to load it, though. Or does it read commercial Coco disks fine, just not each others?

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net