[Coco] NEW NORMAL

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 08:32:42 EDT 2015

On 7/16/2015 1:06 AM, James Ross wrote:
> I’ll be surprised somewhat if the seller gets the $180 for that one,
> in that condition by itself. But who knows. If that one sells and its
> final price, that will give me an idea of what the CoCo3 market is
> right now. The market for these, might vary from month to month.

Historically, the market does change regularly for the CoCo line. Unlike
the Atari ST, Amiga and Commodore 64, which seem to be fairly stable;
the CoCo prices do look like a sine wave...

I'm wondering about these two recent auctions - it's rare that there are
two boxed CoCo 3's on eBay at the same time. It wouldn't surprise me if
the sellers had someone out there inflating the price. Last time I saw
prices like this for a CoCo was... well, I've never seen prices like
this for a CoCo without accessories....