[Coco] NEW NORMAL

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Thu Jul 16 01:06:26 EDT 2015

> From: Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
> I agree with everyone that $300 for a coco 3 seems very high.

I don't know.  I would argue that this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-TRS-80-Color-Computer-3-/221825118669

is *possibly* worth the $314 that it's currently sitting at (and perhaps more) because from the picture it looks like it really is in mint condition – to a collector, condition is everything. + It has the joysticks, TV hook ups, and couple of games. If I were bidding on it, I would ask to see closer up pictures, check for scuff marks, see if the warranty sticker is unbroken… etc…   Plus the seller only has 1 star rating and that’s as a buyer.  SO… possibly risky?

But this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tandy-Radio-Shack-Color-Computer-3-128K-Clean-and-Working-/271930800554

I’ll be surprised somewhat if the seller gets the $180 for that one, in that condition by itself. But who knows. If that one sells and its final price, that will give me an idea of what the CoCo3 market is right now. The market for these, might vary from month to month.