[Coco] Will Cloud-9 Super IDE work with SDC?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Jul 15 16:45:14 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard E. Crislip"
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Will Cloud-9 Super IDE work with SDC?

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:11:48 -0400
> Brett Gordon  wrote:
>
>> Chester,
>>
>> hardware-wise, I can say they work fine together.  I have done it
>> with an MPI, and I suspect a even a Y-cable will work.
>> Software-wise, Nitros9 will work them together, and HDBDOS and YA-DOS
>> will work them together in an BASIC environment.  HDBDOS is
>> restricted to using the SDC as just another floppy, where YA-DOS
>> allows for SDC's LBA mode too.  YA-DOS also allows for the BASIC
>> scripting of SDC and Drivewire control (mounting and unmounting of
>> disk images, making new images, etcc...), and inherent MPI control.
>>
>> -B
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Chester A Patterson wrote:
>>
>> > Will the Cloud 9 Super IDE work OK with the SDC?
>> > My guess that it depends which slot in the MPI they are and which
>> > slot is selected (MPI switch) upon power up.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Chester
>> > Costa Rica
>> >

>> > --
>
> <ignorant mode>
>
> What is YA-DOS? Never heard of until just now. TIA
>
> </ignorant node>
>
> --

Here's the site about it:

https://sites.google.com/site/cocoboot2/ya-dos

The readme.txt file inside of the zip files available for download contains
a pretty extensive description of YA-DOS and all the nice features it adds
for drivewire and cocosdc support and partitioning.

I installed it in one of the flash banks of my cocosdc. I haven't played
around with it much yet as I tend to turn on the CoCo and type DOS.
But it seems to be pretty darn awesome.

YA-DOS, CoCo-Boot and MShell are looking like the best candidates for
creating a really great CoCo interface from boot all the way through to a
user-friendly GUI for NitrOS-9. At least in my opinion.