[Coco] "NEW NORMAL"

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Wed Jul 15 15:12:56 EDT 2015

I think you're overreacting a bit. As an insane collector of everything in
the computer and videogame space (and I've been that way since the 80s, so
I've seen prices go from free to insane), I too lament the rise in prices
across nearly every brand, but it's purely for selfish reasons. The reality
is higher prices mean there's more competition for this stuff and more
interest overall in using vintage equipment. While that's bad for our
wallets, it's better overall for all vintage communities, getting more
people involved and having a larger pool of individuals to both develop and
purchase new items for our old hardware. While the cost of entry these days
is indeed higher, the potential experience across all brands is better than
any other time (save for when these were active on the mainstream market)
and will clearly continue to improve for the forseeable future. So yeah,
it's not all that bad.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and