[Coco] Cross Post from the Facebook Page about the RGB2VGA Board

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:58:21 EDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Zippster wrote:

> Regarding cleaning boards, 91% isopropyl alcohol works wonderfully.
> What I do is submerge the boards in the iso in a small tupperware type
> container, soak for 10 minutes or so, brush them with a toothbrush while
> in the bath, then rinse with fresh iso and air dry. Be sure to use the
> 91%, the lower concentrations have too much water in them.  It’s
> available at drug stores, walmart, etc.

I'll have to give that a try.  The so-called "Flux Remover" sprays I've
wasted money on do nothing more than turn the flux residue into fine white
streaks that stick stubbornly to the board.  Back in the innocent days of
hazardous chemicals, flux remover actually <gasp> removed flux without
much fuss.  But, tri-chlor and the like are not real nice substances to be
around so I welcome a working alternative.