[Coco] Off topic? PCB manufacture

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:22:37 EDT 2015

Hi Salvador,

I usually use OSH Park for prototype boards.  Their pricing is ok for smaller prototypes at $5 per sq in on 2 layer boards,
and twice that for 4 layer.  That’s for 3 PCBs.  The quality is good, but nothing spectacular.  They only do ENIG finish, one of the
most expensive finishes, and preferred by some.  I tend to like a well done HASL finish myself, but that’s personal preference.
Their service is good.  They are very responsive and have let me cancel orders without any problem if I ask before they are
sent to the fabricator.

If you are having more than a few small boards made, OSH Park isn't economical.  For production runs I’ve been using PCB Cart.
Very good pricing if you’re having 20+ boards made, quality is great, with lots of options as far as solder masks, plated contacts,
silkscreen colors, etc.  Turn around is good, about 2 weeks.

One place I don’t recommend is Dirty PCBs.  They are super cheap.  Quality is ok, but you may have up to a 1-2 month wait,
and they use 1.2mm PCB material. (1.6mm is standard).

- Ed