[Coco] CoCo Email Test

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:42:13 EDT 2015

One other thing you might be interested in is the UUCP software in the
NitrOS9 repo.  This software can send email and files between CoCos and
works over the internet via DriveWire pretty well.  As I recall, William
and some other folks fixed up a few rough spots to make that easier.  At
one point we had a network of 3 or 4 CoCos that could deliver mail to each
other, with some acting as gateways for others.  Pretty neat stuff and 99%
of it is all "original" OS9 software from the "good old days", just uses DW
and the internet in place of dial up modems.  I believe William even had a
coco gating into a Linux system and then on to the Internet.  In theory you
could have a CoCo OS9 machine participating in regulat internet email with
a bit of rewriting and whatnot.  UUCP to SMTP gateways used to be real
things.