[Coco] e-mail app???

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 5 21:22:36 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Wolfe"
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2015 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] e-mail app???

>I am not good at documentation.  here's info on the printers including the
> flush command:
>
> In config.xml you'll find a printer section like this:
>
> <Printer category="printing">
>   <Driver list="TEXT,FX80" type="list">FX80</Driver>
>   <OutputDir type="directory"/>
>   <OutputFile type="file"/>
>   <FlushCommand type="string"/>
>   <CharacterFile type="file">default.chars</CharacterFile>
>   <Columns max="132" min="1" type="int">80</Columns>
>   <Lines max="132" min="1" type="int">66</Lines>
>   <DPI max="1200" min="50" type="int">300</DPI>
>   <ImageFormat list="JPG,GIF,PNG,BMP" type="list">PNG</ImageFormat>
> </Printer>
>
> Driver can be TEXT or FX80.  If TEXT, Drivewire just writes whatever
> the CoCo sends to a file.  If FX80, DW sends it to an emulated epson
> fx80, which then outputs image files.
>
> OutputDir and OutputFile specify where the output is created.  If
> OutputFile is set, all output is written (appended) to the same
> specified file.  Probably not what you want unless it sounds like
> exactly what you want.  Most folks will not want to set it, and
> instead will set OutputDir which tells DW to create new files for each
> print job (or page, in FX80 mode) in the specified directory.  If both
> are set, OutputFile wins.
>
> FlushCommand is any command you'd like executed after DW writes a new
> file or appends to the OutputFile.  If the string '$file' is in this
> command, it will be replaced with the full path of the file DW just
> created.
>
> The remaining settings only apply to FX80 mode:
>
> CharacterFile is the font definition for the FX80.  The default
> setting specifies an included file that matches the default font the
> FX80 used.  Its a very simple human readable format.
>
> Columns and Lines define the dimensions of an FX80 text page.  You
> could for instance change Columns to 132 to emulate one of those
> really wide variants in the epson fx family, or change Lines to
> simulate different paper length.  The defaults match what a regular
> FX80 used on 8.5x11 paper.
>
> DPI and ImageFormat control the image files that the FX80 emulator
> produces.

Aaron, or anybody who knows and cares to answer,

Could you give an example of the format for the <FlushCommand
type="string"/> command?

I've been trying to get it to run a .BAT file after a file has been printed,
but it just ignores the .BAT file. I've been entering the path/filename in
every which way I could think of, both directly through the XML file and
from within drivewire itself, but I'm obviously not doing it correctly.

Thanks