[Coco] More updates for the CMOC compiler

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sarrazip.com
Sun Jul 5 13:54:31 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

A few updates on the CMOC C-like cross-compiler. Version 0.1.8 is out.
Here are the highlights since 0.1.4:

- Added the --check-stack option to have CMOC insert run-time checks
  for stack overflows.

- Added a sprintf() function.

- Support for slightly different versions of the C preprocessor.

- A few more optimizations on the generated code.

- Several small bugs fixed.

- More topics covered in the manual.

- A precompiled .deb package for Ubuntu systems is available.

I have also published a new version of nobasic.c, now with support
for reading disk sectors. This program puts the CoCo in all-RAM
mode, moves itself to the top of the RAM, and shows a counter
being incremented by the 60 Hz IRQ. The second part of the demo
loads the first sector of the directory and shows it raw on the
screen. This is done with a relocatable DSKCON routine based on
the one in Disk Basic.

This demo can be useful as a starting point to write a RAM-hungry
program that does not want to keep Basic around just for disk access.

See the CMOC home page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc.html

Interested users are invited to talk to me about their projects,
and even send me their C program prototypes, so I can check in
which directions CMOC could be improved.

Happy Hacking.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip @ sarrazip . com>