[Coco] e-mail app???

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 11:47:10 EDT 2015

David, NitrOS9 already has all that's needed if the work is being done on the PC Drivewire server. There are several types of DW4 "virtual ports" already on the nitros9 ditribution disk and in the boot.
What would have to be done, is to implement (in dw4 itself) a command code that lets DW4 know what it supposed to do. DW4 has a host of cmd codes already that allow many things that are not being used by software, so there may be something the you can use already.

DW4 already supports listing a text (or binary, dw4 doesn't care) file to the PC (virtual print to file through "/p"), and some have even set up Linux to intercept these files and forward them to the server's printer. This listing can actuall be renamed and directed to anywhere you need it to go with a few simplke dw4 commands (already implemented). It would be easier to just use this DW4 feature and then deal with the file that is sent.

I actually use this feature to write OS9 files from OS9 to the DW4 server in my MShell project.

Most of the work for the OS9 end was already forseen (and done), it's the PC end that needs work.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com