[Coco] NitrOS-9 beginner

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:02:02 EDT 2015

> So:  Assuming I have the rainbow guide in my hand, a 512K coco 3 with a single 35 track drive, and a free hour on the weekend, how should I proceed?

If you already have DriveWire and intend to continue using it, you
don't need any NitrOS-9 floppies. You can boot NitrOS-9 directly over
DriveWire from BASIC, using DWDOS (on tape, floppy, or EPROM).

You just need the nos96809l2v030300coco3_dw.dsk mounted on your
DriveWire server and dw3doscc3.bin (on a DECB floppy). DWDOS is at
toolshed.sf.net under "Files".

Then you can learn NitrOS-9 and move on to floppy-only operation later
if you want.

Tormod